Saturday, April 04, 2009

Merriweather?


Singapore is experiencing the equivalent of what others would call 'Summer' in the seasonal parts of the world. And everytime, for me, it's a love and hate affair going on, between me and the weather. I love to feel the warmth of the sun in the early morning and late afternoon; i hate the scorching heat in the mid-day. I love to feel the sweat and the intensity of a good run or workout; i hate the constant moist layer of perspiration covering me from head to toe throughout the day. I would love to get a tan, given the abundance of the sunlight nowadays; i would hate to look like a f**king lobster without slathering on some SPF 50.

and i'm having a hard time keeping my face matt, as the heat just keep making my face oilier and more sheen. And now at most, i can only put a small amount of moisturizer on my face, because if i put on too much, i'll break out. Unlike in the past few months, i've no problem putting on a thicker layer of moisturizer cream.

And i'm feeling pretty bored lately. I've been cooped up at home, as i scrapped my knee pretty badly last week. Which i absolutely hate. Scrapped knees always meant: i can't bend my knees, walk with a limp, and trying to avoid getting water onto the wound (which is a near impossibility for showering). and to make things worse, i injuried my left foot (YES, the same leg as my scrapped knee) a few days back. (don't ask me how, i just did)

But thank GOD. my scrapped knee is ALMOST healed now. I've been feeling pretty excited today because i just got a copy of Daniel Merriweather's new album, Love and War. Right now, i'm still listening to it. the first single of this album, Change (feat Wale), was played on 987FM a while back. but then, I still didn't know who this guy was. And a while back, i heard his duet with Adele, Water and A Flame. i thought i was pretty nice, but still i didn't pay much attention to him. AND today, i stumbled across his name while googling, and VOILA! i'm falling in love with his music.

Here's a link to his second album, Love and War, scheduled to be released on April 27, 2009 in the UK. (for preview purposes only. buy it if you like it ^o^) (password: warez)




i pretty like the cover art for Love and War. which makes me all the more want to get the hard copy asap. And who is this Daniel Merriweather, with his funny last name and all, you ask? Well, he's a 26 year old R&B singer/songwriter who best reminds me of a cross between James Morrison and Robin Thicke, both of whom I'm HUGE fans of. The first single off Love and War, Change (ft. Wale), is very James Morrison-hy. Very. It's pretty decent. Probably a good single material. And i like it much. But the REAL to-die-for single is Water and A Flame. Smoky, sexy, jazzy, together with Adele's voice, it's hauntingly sad, that you will love instantly. The best track in the entire album, WHICH by the way, is produced superbly, thanks in part to Mark Ronson, who produced the numerous hits of Amy Winehouse.



(nice tatt there Daniel!)


No comments: